Marketing and Sales Associate
- Develops relationships with individuals and organizations in the publishing industry to increase presence and brand awareness of Lekha Writing Centers and Lekha Publishers.
- Generates new leads for the publishing house and closes sales with authors.
- Increases revenue through outreach and sales of books published by Lekha.
- Actively develops strategic partnerships in the community with organizations that promote children’s and YA literature and writing education, i.e. libraries, parks and recreation departments, public and private schools, etc.
- Works directly with CEO to develop and implement marketing plans for publishing house, while cross-promoting the writing school when possible.
- Develops online presence for Lekha Writing Center and Lekha Publishers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Outstanding writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- 1-3 years experience in marketing and sales, preferably in a publishing environment
- Experience in publishing strongly preferred
Email applications to email@example.com
Do you have experience in the fields of graphic design, publishing and/or marketing? Lekha Publishers, our small independent publishing company, is looking for a part-time design assistant and marketing representative for some upcoming projects. Ideal applicants are flexible, outgoing, creative, and experienced. Candidates with experience in marketing or design for the publishing industry are especially preferred. Please do not reply unless you have one year or more of marketing and/or graphic design experience. Pay is TBD, based on experience and project assignment. Please email us your cover letter and resume in word document format. Thank you! Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will provide community service hours for the high-school volunteers and a choice of either $10.15/hour or college credit for college students. Lunch and any work-related travel expenses will be reimbursed for both volunteers and interns. Book Publishing Interns: Assist publishing house staff with typing, editing, and formatting books for print. Graphic design projects may also be available during the summer for any interns who are artistically inclined. Web Publishing Interns: Assist our webmaster with updating company blog and other online publishing tasks. Prior experience using WordPress a plus. Administrative Interns: Assist with office duties such as answering phones, walk-in customer service, scheduling and making appointments, running errands, etc. Please send your resume, your availability, the area in which you would prefer to work (i.e., East Bay, South Bay, Peninsula, etc.), the position you are most interested in, and a 1-2 paragraph cover letter about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team this summer to email@example.com.